The Faithful Traveler in Portugal
As the world begins to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Marian apparitions at Fátima in Portugal, Diana and David von Glahn offer up The Faithful Traveler in Portugal, a series exploring the many other sacred sites that dot the Portuguese landscape. From monasteries and convents to cathedrals and historic churches, there is a lot for the faithful traveler to see in this amazing country. Starting in Lisbon and traveling up to Porto, the show’s host, Diana von Glahn, will present the history behind these breathtaking sacred sites in a fun and informative way that will inspire viewers to visit Portugal on their own, or allow virtual travelers to see things they might never have seen!
But We Need Your Help to Finish It!
In October of 2014, we were invited as guests of a number of Portuguese people in the travel industry to film this series in anticipation of the 100th anniversary of Fátima. While they so generously covered many of our travel expenses, there are many other costs that are involved in the production of a travel series. Out of our own pockets, we returned in October 2015 to film some additional footage we were unable to get the first time around, and will be returning a third time this April to finish up what we need.
None of the networks that broadcastThe Faithful Traveler–including EWTN, CatholicTV, NET TV, Salt & Light, and others–are able to pay us to produce or broadcast the series. We are not paid up front or afterwards by anyone. The only income generated by The Faithful Traveler is through DVD sales, which don’t come close to covering our production costs. We pay for the production of this series with the income we receive from our full-time jobs.
With this series, we have reached the limit of our credit. We need your help to finish this series and bring it to you and people around the world who visit these sacred sites and often have no idea about the Church history behind them.
Donate to Our IndieGoGo Campaign
Some of the Sites we Visit Include
- Lisbon: Monastery of St Vicente de Fora, Church of Saint Anthony, Lisbon’s Cathedral, Old Church of Our Lady of the Conception, Church of St Dominic, Carmelite Convent, Church of St Roch & Museum, Castle of St George, Monastery of Hieronymites, Pastéis de Belém, Tower of Bethlehem, Discoveries Monument, Monument to Christ, Tile Museum & Mother of God Convent
- Santarem: Church of the Holy Miracle, where a Eucharistic Miracle occurred
- Nazaré: Church of Our Lady of Nazaré, Funicular, Chapel of Saint Anthony, Memory Hermitage, Church of Mercy
- Tomar: Convent of Christ, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, once a Templar Castle and the Convent of the Knights of Christ
- Batalha: Monastery of Batalha, a magnificent Gothic masterpiece that was once a Dominican monastery, built at the end of the 14th century by King João I, in memory of the battle of Aljubarrota
- Alcobaça: Monastery of Alcobaça, one of the first Cistercian monastic foundations in Portugal
- Coimbra: New and Old Cathedral, Monastery of Santa Cruz, New Monastery of Saint Clare, Old Monastery of Saint Clare, Church of St John the Baptist
- Braga: Shrine of Good Jesus of the Mount, Cathedral of Braga, Monastery of St Martin of Tibães, Shrine of Our Lady of Sameiro
- Porto: Tree of Life Chapel, Cathedral of Porto, Church of St Francis, Church of St Clare, Carmelite Church, Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Church of the Holy House of Mercy
Visit Our IndieGoGo page to find out what kinds of perks you can grab while helping us finish our series! Every little bit helps. You can donate $1 or $25,000, and everything in between!
Donate to Our IndieGoGo Campaign
Special Thanks to All Our IndieGoGo Donors!
Anonymous (you know who you are, you fabulous person!!)
Habib & Gosayna Karam
Anonymous (you rock!)